BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Guntersville Lake Fishing Report

      This report is for this past Thursday and Saturday. Thursday I fished with a good friend of mine Clayton after work. We only were able to fish for about two hours. However, we did manage to put five keepers in the boat. We were never able to get a big bite, but it was a lot of fun anyways. We caught all of our fish on shallow running crankbaits in 2-4 feet of water. We had fish busting on top all around us, and I did have one blow up on a buzzbait. That was exciting to see that the topwater bite is just around the corner.
      Saturday I fished the Wal-Mart BFL as a co-angler. It was an extremely tough day. I caught a keeper in about the first 10 minutes of the tournament, and that was the only fish I weighed. I caught one other short fish and had several other fish pull off. My boater had three fish that weighed somewhere in the nine pound range. The fish that we caught came on shallow crankbaits and chatterbaits in 2-4 feet of water. There was a bunch of guys that struggled in this tournament. I think it kind of shocked everybody, because we were all expecting a slug fest. The only factor I can think of is that they were pulling the lake down really quick, and that affected all of the fish that are up shallow.

0 comments: