BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

Monday, March 14, 2011

Upgrade Your Hooks

                                                               

            

            Factory Hooks (Left) KVD Elite Series Trebles Hooks (Right)                     
     
       Many of you know that this is the time of year to be throwing lipless crankbaits. However, I see many people that do not have much success fishing these baits, because of the high percentage of losing fish while fishing with these baits. I have been using Mustad KVD Elite Series Treble Hooks, and they have helped my catch ratio tremendously. They feature wide gap hooks that help keep the fish on once you hook them. Also, they have a shorter shank so that you can increase the size hooks you put on your baits. I typically will go up a size from the factory hooks that come on a bait. If I have a lipless crankbait that has factory #4 hooks on it I will go up to a #2 Mustad KVD Elite Series Treble Hook. What is great about these hooks is when I upgrade to a larger size the hooks do not get tangled together while retrieving the bait like most other hooks do. Next time you throw a lipless crankbait don't get caught with the factory hooks on it.

0 comments: